Results-oriented professional with a proven track record of excellence in both legal and technical fields.
- Extensive legal experience in anti-trust case work, regulatory issues and contracts.
- Intense supporting role in largest US antitrust case; the break-up of AT& T.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels including corporate executive officers, senior regulatory officials and outside counsel.
- Extensive technical writing experience in diverse environments.
- Worked closely with corporate attorneys preparing witnesses, answering data interrogatories and preparing rate case activity reports
- Provided legal support for Bellcore senior executives and the RBOC (Regional Bell Operating Companies) witnesses for state regulatory rate cases for 48 states
- Edited all scientific articles for regulatory sensitivity in Bellcore publications and senior executives’ technical presentations to ensure regulatory compliance
- Prepared and presented educational materials on cost saving emerging technologies for RBOC executives and regulatory commissioners of all contiguous 48 states
- Developed courses, seminars and training presentations in emerging technologies, enhanced services, public policy and financial impact for Regulatory Commissions both State and Federal
- Provided critical presentation and key information needed during audits by the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissions (NARUC) and the FCC
- Prepared Bell Labs Senior Executives including Bell Labs CEO, retired officers for the Department of Justice (DOJ) trial
- Co-wrote technical testimony for Bell Labs scientists to ensure integrity of data
- Researched, analyzed and summarized Bell System and DOJ discovery phase documents
- Served as front-line support in Washington, DC during the DOJ trial leading to the consent decree for the breakup of the Bell System, changing communications technology forever
- Worked closely with attorneys negotiating third party computer system contracts to effectively manage services and pricing
- Reviewed, analyzed and edited contracts for legal accuracy consistency and compliance
- Utilized templates to craft final legal document
- Wrote testimonies for scientists for multiple regulatory and compliance needs
- Wrote test plans based on software requirements, design and code for UAT, system test product test regression test and code test
- Wrote test reports detailing software defects found during the testing process
QA TESTER / TECHNICAL WRITER-
QA tester position required working with the applications team; tested new business functionality in various Point of Sales applications within the Software Development Life Cycle. Work closely with analysts, development team and production support team members to develop tests and tracked resolutions on open issues/defects. Developed and executed quality assurance tests, tests plans and checklists for system test and regression test cycles. Strong communications skills and QTP provided feedback to internal teams on application flexibility and user friendliness. Executed thorough testing of POS applications. UAT and Enterprise release testing.
Created test plans for new functionality and regression testing and worked with software development, Business Analysts and the QA team to identify the components of the system to be tested.
- Provided ongoing process improvement to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting methods that are effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated.
- Assisted in designing test strategies, and implemented test cases to ensure highest quality deliverables.
- Worked closely with Engineering to understand the Product Architecture; involved with Defect tracking and front-end testing to ensure QA methodology and best practices.
- Analyzed defects / test to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
1992 -2008 Confidential,
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Changed format and standards for testing by concentrating on user flows resulting in significantly reduced field problems.
- Meticulous software professionalism contributed to CMM Level 5 and ISO 9001 recognition.
- Tested all aspects of telecommunications software applications including web-based GUI (Graphical User Interface), inter-product, flow through; NE-live testing; on line help; documentation and multi-product testing. Wrote testing plans.
- Key team lead initiating ideas and solutions through development and delivery of user seminars for each test cycle.
- Took on additional responsibilities for all programming and requirements testing which streamlined efficiencies resulting in expense savings
1984 – 1992 Confidential,
Legal Analyst, Regulatory
1981 – 1983 Confidential,Corporate HQ
Legal Analyst, Antitrust
1979 – 1982 Confidential,
Legal Analyst, Antitrust