Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Practical understanding of enterprise-level technologies such as Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, file and printer sharing, IIS, DNS, Exchange, SharePoint, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL, Cisco Networking, VMWare, etc.
• Understanding of high-availability technologies such as clustering (Windows),
SAN (EMC Clariion), virtualization (VMware), load balancing, etc.
• Understanding of general disaster recovery/business continuity concepts
• Practical understanding of IT security best practices
• Experience using standard scripting languages (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to automate repetitive processes is preferred
• Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server is preferred
• Experience managing and maintaining Linux servers is preferred
• Desire to learn and ability to translate that learning into best practices for the College
• Strong analytical, customer service, and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Design, implement, manage, and maintain
services to meet defined service levels.
• Monitor and analyze systems utilization and performance;
assess and respond to issues.
• Ensure that systems, applications, and services meet the
requirements of the University's security plan.
• Work closely with internal and external clients to identify
issues and propose solutions to meet the needs of the
• Troubleshoot complicated system performance and
• Stay current on enterprise and data center technologies and
use that knowledge regularly to suggest and implement
• Monitor call-tracking system to provide second and third-tier
support; investigate and resolve trouble tickets.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required