Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Service Desk Analyst
Location: Bethesda, MD
Duration: 3 Months to Hire (C2H)
Primary Skills: Customer Service, Footprints (BMC) & Ticketing Systems
Note from the client:
Grants experience is not required. We are looking for great communicators with customer service experience.Desktop support (LAN, WAN, desktops, laptops config and set up, etc. is not relevant for this position.
MAJOR PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
Candidate will provide functional customer service and technical assistance to the Federal Grants Lifecycle business application users. Candidate must be comfortable in interfacing with highly educated specialists as well as applicants who are new to the Grants Process; must have ability and desire to learn quickly and apply knowledge effectively; and, support the team mission to provide outstanding customer service.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage problems, document triage methodology, train team members.
- Troubleshoot, and analyze business application issues accurately in a high paced environment.
- Use methodologies and scripts provided by developers or other technical staff to perform data fixes and other tasks that require special privilege.
- Maintain accurate information and timely updates using the Ticketing System, BMC (Formally Numara) Footprints.
- Create and maintain business application knowledge base and other documents / scripts to support the team mission.
- Develop best practices, make process improvement recommendations.
- Work with application developers to document changes to applications and provide training / documentation to team members on upcoming changes.
- Advocate the customer’s best interest.
- Understand and act on priority issues.
- Escalate trends to manager.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with Federal Grants process and systems is a plus
- Prior customer and end-user support experience supporting business applications required.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve or escalate problems.
- Prior experience working with Footprints desired but must have experience with other ticketing system and Help Desk tools.
- Ability to identify and utilize relevant resources to provide customers with information and resolution.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and qualify for a Public Trust clearance.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of customer support experience providing functional support is preferred