Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgWorksite Address: WFU-Wake Forest University
Int. type - Either Webcam or In Person
Responsible for the architecture and infrastructure, design, implementation, security, availability, performance, maintenance and operational support of Oracle databases to support the University’s applications.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity
Our client is seeking a PHP and Object-oriented Programmer to join their collaborative development team. This position will improve the functionality of key web initiatives with a primary focus on improving the user experience by leveraging user data stored in Wake Forest University’s CRM. Other major projects will include customizing WordPress, mobile app build-outs, creating and leveraging creating and leveraging APIs, web content management, as well as design and execution of new high-impact applications.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of web development experience.
- PHP Development (3+ years)
- Object-oriented programming (3+ years)
- Version control (preferably GIT) (3+ years)
- Communication skills – the ability to define and communicate a technical vision with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Ability to work in a close-knit, collaborative team environment is required.
- WordPress (3+ years)
- Mobile Development (1+ years)
- Agile development (SCRUM)
- Amazon Web Services
- Node.js and jQuery (1+ years)
- WSDLs and APIs (1+ years)
- Understands business challenges and leverages or creates web-based, internally developed solutions.
- Develops and maintains constituent-centric web (and mobile) applications through a team-oriented process.
- Supports vendor applications and uses APIs to interface with WFU custom applications.
- Interacts with databases and understands data concepts, including querying and editing records while adhering to business process and best practices.
- Helps team maintain a stable WordPress environment; improves WordPress functionality.
- Maintains well-documented, reusable, and transferable code; uses GIT.
- Provides backup for other developer’s work; helps administer code reviews, tests and performs maintenance and support.
WFU Benefits Information (for once the position converts to full time)
- Full medical, dental and vision available
- Start with five weeks of PTO, 13 holidays (so 38 days); six weeks at five years, seven weeks at 10 years
- Parental leave
- At two years service, WFU contributes 5% of salary to retirement plan (7.5% at five years, 10% at 10 years)
- Tuition concession for employee and family at WFU or other higher-education institutions
Required / Desired
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of web development experience.
Version control (preferably GIT)
Communication skills – the ability to define and communicate a technical vision with technical and non-technical teammates.
Ability to work in a close-knit, collaborative team environment is required.
Agile development (SCRUM)
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Node.js and jQuery
WSDLs and APIs