Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
Seeking a .NET Programmer - In support of series of innovative strategic application development initiatives for the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), Division of Accountability Services (DAS).
The initiatives include these assessments:
Early Literacy, State Summative, Michigan Merit, Students with Disabilities, and English Learners. The development will also include a comprehensive Educational Assessment Reporting and Accountability Program to provide timely measurement and reporting of educational assessment results. The person in this role will join the internal development team that supports the Division’s web based applications. The programmer is responsible for a diverse and challenging set of assignments encompassing a full range of information technology analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance work related to the agency’s databases and applications. The assignments will include enhancements to existing applications and potential new development efforts needed to support the initiatives defined above. This position is a multi-year contract.
- Direct experience in analysis, design, programming, testing, implementing and supporting large scale web based applications in Microsoft/Windows platform.
- Direct experience in performing analysis and requirements gathering with customers.
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of IT coworkers and users.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate a variety of data.
- Experience working as part of an Agile development team.
- Desired EducationPossession of a bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, systems analysis, or computer programming.
Years of Experience: 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, may lead and direct the work of others, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial or human resource management systems, clinical research trial results, statistical study of traffic patterns, or analyzing and developing specifications for bridge design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
- Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Captures requirements using industry standard development frameworks and tools. Designs reports, forms and letters along with computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request. Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users. Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems. Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors. May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development. May train users to use program. May oversee installation of hardware and software. May provide technical assistance to program users. May install and test program at user site. May monitor performance of program after implementation. May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
Required / Desired
Experience in analysis, design, programming, testing, implementing and supporting large scale web based applications in Microsoft/Windows platforms
Microsoft VB .NET or C# development skills
Developing Systems with Microsoft SQL databases
N-tier application development
.NET framework 3.5 and higher
MS SQL Server Experience