Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
This role will provide design recommendations based on long-term strategy. Govern the development of application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. Act as highest level technical expert, addressing problems of application integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
· Interprets high-level requirements and evaluates options for solution design in terms of attainment of business benefit and preferable outcome for the cost and effectiveness of ongoing usage.
· Determines specifications, then oversees supplier activities to plan, design, and develop the solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes-either individually or in concert with project team. Designs and produces detailed technical architecture guidelines and standards for the use of relevant core technologies and protocols.
· Ensure that all specifications are supported by the infrastructure provision and strategy produced by the Global Engineering group.
· Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business within the general market and specifically within the publishing arena.
· Work with Solution Designer in order to create application / business unit specific architectural designs and solutions.
· Work with Business Analysts to ensure that solution designs support the business requirements.
· Assists in troubleshooting the most difficult and mission-critical technical problems.
· Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent.
· Supports and contributes to Enterprise Architecture Strategies.
· Identify opportunities for improving and rationalizing technology and processes, both within IT and the Business.
· Engage in software due diligence and proof of concepts. Conduct peer reviews of strategies across other architects and solution designers.
· Produces/exceeds targeted results and views obstacles as opportunities to enhance capabilities.
· Re-designs existing processes, identifying all impacts and creates a cohesive change plan for the implementation of the new process.
· Presents sound arguments. Competent and confident in leading debate in a credible manner for the purposes of gaining common understanding. Receptive and adaptable whilst driving towards an appropriate conclusion.
· Identifies impact upon the current enterprise architecture that arises from proposed changes and documents the ‘future state’.
· Can scope, plan and schedule small scale projects and contribute to the planning and inception of larger projects.
· Experience of working with both Iterative and Agile project development methodologies.
· Experience in SOA and Enterprise Architecture,
· Experience with Oracle, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, and very Large Scale Databases.
· Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art programming languages and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs.
· Understands the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies.
· Had detailed working experience with two or more application development methodologies and toolsets.