Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comShort Description:
The Z/OS DB2 DBA will be primarily responsible for the maintenance, enhancement and performance tuning of z/OS DB2 databases as well as VSAM files, JCL, and TSO. The DBA will also work as part of a team to provide DB2 DBMS subsystem management.
Local candidates preferred, but not required.In addition, this person will be required to provide after hours support, 24 x 7 on a rotating basis.While z/OS support will be the primary responsibility this position will also providing maintenance, enhancement and operational support to SQL Server.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical fieldIn-depth z/OS DB2 Database Administration (V9) experience (3+ years). Solid experience with VSAM files, JCL, and TSO.DBA certifications a plus.CA tools and REX will be a plus.
Database administration, implementation, and maintenance tasks including but not limited to:
- Enforcing database naming/creation/deletion standards in the Test and Production environments -Establish, oversee, and optimize all database maintenance (i.e. update statistics, etc) and backup processes
- Enforce and implement appropriate security measures
- Troubleshoot application database issues
- Ensure the 24/7 availability and performance of the databases that support our systems, including "on-call" responsibilities
- Optimize the hardware/system resources allocated to the databases for high availability & minimum downtime
- Provide assistance to developers in DBMS performance tuning, best practices and problem resolution.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, and other data issues•Manage backup and recovery of databases
- Prepare, maintain and execute disaster recovery plans
- Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary.
Required / Desired
z/OS DB2 DBA
VSAM, JCL, TSO
SQL Server DBA
CA Tools, REX