Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Business Analyst with Jazz or strong State Government Experience
· Collaborate with business owners, end users, and Subject Matter Experts to gather and document businessrequirements for a new system.
· Clarify and elaborate requirements when they are ambiguous, change, or conflict with other business requirements.
· Serve as a business proxy for the development.
· Review system design approaches to ensure they fully meet the business requirements, including the “spirit” or “intent” of the requirements.
· System test application to assure the application meets specified requirements.
· Support performance, security and user acceptance testing processes and review test results.
· Produce, update, or review all necessary documentation needed to implement the new application
Specific duties of this position will include the following:
· Learn the business processes. Understand and document the actors, the desired outcomes of the business process(es), and the specific business requirements. Identify areas to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes and able to successfully challenge business assumptions and get to root cause.
· Work with staff to document business requirements to be entered in Rational Jazz.
· Identify and specify data requirements to support the intercept web application as well as dependencies on external data sources. Develop an approach and schedule for testing of data requirements.
· Write use cases, business rules, and other artifacts such as swim lane diagrams, activity flow diagrams and wire frame diagrams to effectively articulate and represent business processes, desired outcomes, and requirements.
· Recognize that there are multiple audiences (project sponsors, business owner, development and operations and support team) and customize artifacts as appropriate to maximize understanding and throughput.
· Update all artifacts as requirements evolve or change.
· Work closely with the development team to ensure that requirements are implemented appropriately and that coding changes are fully understood so Subject Matter Experts can perform effective positive and negative testing; develop wherever possible, traceability between test cases, user requirements, and system performance.
· Specify the security requirements and definitions for all actors and system objects.
· Assist business owners execute test cases and test system. Report testing results.
· Troubleshoot issues identified through testing, particularly Performance Testing, Security Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including performing an initial assessment of the problem, identifying causes and possible solutions, and triaging the problem appropriately (i.e. determining if it’s a system problem, user misunderstanding, procedural clarification, or a system enhancement).
· Provide status/project updates to OSC manager on a daily/weekly basis.
· Develop and provide user training.
· Advise Business and IT management. Serve as the contact between business and IT.
· A minimum of 8 years of experience developing Business Requirements Documents and Functional specifications.
· Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders.
· Experience with large financial application, preferably state government
· Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and writing skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams.
· Experience creating user documentation and technical documentation.
· Experience with SQL and relational database query tools.
· Experience gathering requirements on data integration and business intelligence projects.
· Experience facilitating requirements analysis sessions with diverse stakeholder groups.
· Experience using UML representation.
· Experience documenting use cases and business process models.
· Experience writing test cases and conducting testing.
· Preferred background in industry best practices such as IIBA’s BABOK.
· Preferred, experience working with Requirement Management Tools, particularly Rational Jazz
· Preferred, experience with SQL and relational database.