Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Java position we haveWork authorization: GC/EAD/USC only
Interview mode: phone and face-face ( no exceptions)
Key skills: “all yellow highlighted skills”
About this position
Our Data & Technology Organization is at the heart of a massive technology modernization effort that is currently underway here at The Client. A large component of that modernization effort is the data transformation, migration and delivery for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Solution.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Developer) on this team, you will have the opportunity to code a cloud-based solution involving an extremely high volume of data from on premise data sources, transforming the data and delivering it to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You will get to engage in everything from the design specifications, to building the code, to automation and testing. You will get to do this all while being surrounded by people just like you; wickedly smart and with a passion for manipulating, crunching and transforming massive amounts of data.
If you are someone who:
- Thrives on working challenging projects with tight timelines for delivery.
- Believes that agile isn’t just a methodology, it’s a mindset and loves to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Enjoys not having all of the answers, because finding them is much more fun.
- Mentors and leads by doing
- Believes risk can be taken as much as it can be mitigated
- Wants to make a positive impact, through technology, in the lives of millions of students by reshaping higher education
To be successful in this role you will need
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with Java development.
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Proficient in any of the following programming languages Python, Node.js, J2EE, Java, and design patterns
- Deployed and managed mission critical applications using a number of AWS services like (not limited to) Lambda, S3, Kinesis, EC2, Route 53, VPC & Subnets
- Desirable skills include working knowledge of big data movement and processing frameworks such as Sqoop, SPARK, and AWS EMR.
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, as well as data security in the AWS cloud environment
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, Ansible or other similar scripting techniques
- Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular Bitbucket, GIT and SVN
- Experience with test driven development approach and utilizing tools such as Cucumber and CloudFormation
- Experience with the Agile approach of software development
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like DataDog, SumoLogic, NewRelic, and Nagios.