Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
The Applications Lead designs, implements, maintains and upgrades custom and packaged software solutions while also influencing the development and implementation of Information Technology strategies, initiatives, and governing policies. The Lead conceives solutions, builds consensus, and effectively presents solutions to the IT leadership team. This position assists in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture. The Lead supports IT leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders. The Lead leverages data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of technical frameworks and solutions at the portfolio and enterprise levels. This position is involved throughout the project life cycle. The Lead will maintain a competitive edge through continuous self-development as a core competency and freely share relevant information for the benefit of the entire IT team.
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of application integration and application layers of unified platform to universally support team members and customers. Design should effectively accommodate the intelligent use of information from data and transaction layers while support flexible and standardized UI deployments.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and roll out custom application and package software solutions.
- Maintain standards, controls, process, and best practices for enterprise application development.
- Develop software solutions utilizing proven development methodologies and best practices.
- Develop programming and development standards, policies, and procedures for use within applications.
- Develop policies and set direction to implement DevOps and Agile methodologies within the project portfolio.
- Provide guidance to development partners to insure consistent look and feel of components, utilization of implementation patterns, and consistent use of tools.
- Provide expertise in defining techniques and protocols for system integration.
- Recommend development languages, administrative tool sets, and frameworks to be used within the application lifecycle.
- Produce architectural solutions for projects on various platforms utilizing multiple technologies – including Cloud, Mobile, Analytics, and Integration with 3rd party software and platforms.
- Designs the necessary environments (development, test, UAT, production, etc.) for efficient operation and support of systems.
- Diagram the design of solutions, (i.e., physical, software, application, network, communication, data flow, and security).
- Provide expert problem solving and technical judgment to troubleshoot complex system problems working with appropriate teams to diagnose and recommend solutions.
- Lead internal team members and partners to insure the compliance of security policies and standards in solution designs.
- Ensure the testing methodology properly tests all components of a solution.
- Make recommendations for improvement if current capacity of any systems prove to be inadequate.
- Develop and own technology roadmaps and strategies to reduce technical debt.
- Evaluate tools, vendors, and products as needed.
- Plan solution design, development, deployment strategy, and timeline for solutions including proof of concepts, pilots, conversions, upgrades, and rollouts.
- Work with technology specialists such as network, systems, database and security team members to insure proper planning, implementation, and operation of solutions.
- Participate in developing and reviewing Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals for new solutions.
- Facilitate understanding of the technical recommendations and communicate design principles to project team members.
- Present recommendations and technical information to staff with varied level of technical knowledge and/or upper management.
- Engage effectively with Proect Managers, functional experts, or other key personnel to understand and validate user requirements and insure the solution design meets the requirements.
- Updated August 2017
- Adhere to Technology Team established development and support processes, team and company policies and best practices.
- Identify technical skill gaps and make recommendations of appropriate training required to support technologies and systems.
- Work with IT leadership in defining strategies and setting priorities for business system improvement.
- Work with technical staff in setting technical architecture standards and directions.
- Develop rationalized architecture diagrams, perform trade-off analysis, and understand security implications for solutions.
- Research and evaluate current and emerging technologies and stay abreast of new technologies and solutions that will help increase productivity, innovation, and business capabilities.
- Maintain a competitive edge through continuous self-development as a core competency and freely share relevant information for the benefit of the entire IT team.
- Advanced level proficiency with SQL language, SQL programming, XML, data modeling, C#, .Net, client server architecture, linux application development, J2EE devlopment, modern integration technologies, critical security controls, business process analysis, Microsoft Team Foundational Server (TFS).
- Expert level proficiency with web development technologies, internet development architecture & design, object oriented analysis & design, windows operating system, technical knowledge of hardware & software, Microsoft Office, and secure coding/OWASP top 10 and NIST.
- Excellent communication skills sharing technical details with team members, project teams, and stakeholders and produces ideas, solutions, and excellent materials for IT Leadership.
- Self-starter and works with minimal supervision with excellent time management, documentation, and relationship management skills.
- Experience working in a Public Cloud Environment.