Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pl. send resumes to email@example.com
Client is looking for Application Support Specialist to support large, financial services client project in Salt Lake City.
In this role you will:
- Act as a key point of contact for operations & development teams to resolve business critical issues.
- Develop deep understanding of proprietary financial applications. Actively participate in Business Continuity Planning (BCP) activities. Scripting repeat support tasks to reduce risk and bring efficiency
Job Level Specific Duties:
- Analyze and resolve application issues
- Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
- Adopt various tools developed by Client Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
- Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
- Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
- Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
- Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
- Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional system / technical analysis
- Minimum of three years of application support experience (Production / User)
- Minimum two years development experience with Java.
- Minimum two years developoment experience with Databases
- Strong knowledge of the UNIX/Linux Operating system: shells, file systems, symbolic links, process management, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven development/support experience in large-scale, enterprise-style financial services applications
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved user interface
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team environment
- Familiarity with industry best practices around user experience theories and methodologies
- Experience in the Financial Service Industry
Minimum Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field with 3 years of software development / production support experience.
For faster process, call to -(202) 719-0200 Ext:207