Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
OCTO is engaged in the migration of agency websites in the DC.Gov web portal from its legacy (DSF) content management system to its new Drupal content management system and requires an additional project management resource.
This is a short term position (approximately 2 month), with the possibility of an extension into FY13, to assist with the project management of the enhancements for the DC.Gov portal and agency websites, as part of the DC.Gov CMS Migration Project. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Meets with Team Lead, Project Manager, Business Analysts, Web Editors and Developers to plan work as the migration project advances.
• Ability to use issue tracking tools and adhere to basic software development lifecycle processes, including Agile methodologies (Scrum).
• Expertise in organizing tasks, translating priorities to a plan and remaining flexible as requirements change throughout the project.
• Communicates user requirements and issue priorities to Developers and other team members.
• Documents decisions and plans for the team, including issues in the issue tracking tool (Jira).
• Follows up with team members to check on status of issues and reports status to the team.
• Works in close collaboration with Business Analysts, Team Lead and Project Manager to promote knowledge sharing throughout the team.
• Offers suggestions for process improvement and remains flexible with tight schedules and aggressive scope goals.
• Provides general user support. Ability to troubleshoot and respond to problems reported by users or escalates the issue to the Project Manager, Business Analyst and Development team as needed.
• Supports and monitors ongoing maintenance deployments and site launches.
• Identifies risk, documents problems and participates in mitigation strategy planning.
• Professional attitude and work ethic. Able to work independently as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
• Ability to learn quickly. Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
Strong writting and oral communication skills
Agile methodologies Required 4 Years 3 - Expert
Drupal (as a user, BA or PM) Required 2 Years 3 - Expert
Leading web development projects Required 4 Years 3 - Expert
Project Management tools (MS Project, Visio, Excel, SharePoint) Required 7 Years 3 - Expert
Software Development Life Cycle Project Management Required 7 Years 3 - Expert
Business and Process Analysis Highly desired 2 Years 2 - Proficient
QA/QC testing (testing against requirements) Highly desired 2 Years 2 - Proficient
Risk analysis Highly desired 2 Years 2 - Proficient