Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pl. send resumes to email@example.com
The Python Developer with Rest's primary responsibility is twofold:
- ensure reliable and consistent service delivery to Network Services and customers throughout our client;
- work with Network Systems Architect and Engineers to improve NOC systems infrastructure.
Responsibilities include the contributing to review and redesign of services including, but not limited to network and systems monitoring (Nagios/Splunk), automated device configuration systems (puppet, netmri), DNS/DHCP (Infoblox), network registration tools, authentication services (LDAP/TACACS/RADIUS). Familiarity with services such as version control (git), DNS, DHCP, LDAP and Linux (RHEL) operating systems is required. Knowledge of networking protocols is desirable. Collaboration within client's IT org is required. Programming experience is required, with an ability to develop point tools for task automation. Python and Shell scripting is required, additionally, perl is desirable. An ideal candidate will have an interest in identifying opportunities for process automation, and an ability to implement solutions that address operational problems in a consistent manner. Professional demeanor and passion for providing Service Excellence to internal and external customers and colleagues is essential. Scheduled off-hours work may occasionally be necessary. Availability for an on-call rotation is required.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or 3-5 years' experience in administering large production enterprise environments, (If no CS degree, 8 years' experience).
- Knowledge of Linux (RHEL) and basic internet protocol are required.
- Ability to write small reusable code segments is required.
- Familiarity with software engineering practices, including automated testing, source control tools is desirable.
- Required language proficiency is one of python, shell scripting, and Perl. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Ability and interest to learn and adapt to new environments, eg: cloud technologies, software-defined networks.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (eg. Puppet) is desirable.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and install the network, server and other equipment of approximately 70lbs.
For faster process, call to - (202) 719-0200 Ext:207.