Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgOverview:
Our client is an experienced Database Administrator to help support several competing projects in order to maintain their current workload. Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing highly desired. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for an array of tasks including but not limited to, Data Model Documentation, Code promotion and technical support for Test/Development systems supporting various database systems.
- Act as a database administrator using SQLServer 2012/2016/Azure
- Responsible for support of the clients' production database systems.
- Responsible for Development DBA tasks such as: Data Model Documentation, Source Control DB Object as they are propagated from Dev to Test to Production.
- Provide Database technical support for Test/Development systems
- Understand data flows, warehouse structures and data marts
- Understand the relationship between data and documentation
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of metadata
- Assist in the definition of storage requirements and retention times
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of database backups and restorations
- Use SQL Query Analyzer to query data for integrity checks and ad hoc requests
- Work with application developers to administer SQL stored procedures
- Build , run and analyze transformation jobs using ETL tools IBM Data Stage and Microsoft SSIS Packages
- Support Reporting capabilities to provide access to Division data and reports for internal and external clients
- Work with legal, business groups and Data Review Board on data security issues
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Azure "Cloud” and Netezza
- Experience with the development methodologies such as Agile Scrum.
- Experience with Azure classic portal & Azure resource manager in cloud deployments.
- Experience with Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD, etc.
- Experience with Azure PaaS technologies.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with ETL tools, SAS and Visio desirable
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an IT professional in a work environment with a relational database focus.
- A Bachelor's Degree in related areas including Data Processing or Computer Information Science is highly desirable, and may substitute for two years of the required experience if acquired within the last 2 years.