Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgRequired Skills: Public Safety System Admin.- Entry, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance - computer hardware & software.
Years of experience: 2-5+ years' experience.
Day to Day Tasks:
3 - 5 years of experience. The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
The vendor shall provide an experienced consultant with 3-5 years of experience in public safety information technology. The consultant will be responsible for application management, IT support, and overall system functionality. In addition, the resource will be required to support the system, or network (LAN / WAN, etc.) as well as monitor applications for availability and performance, as needed.
Day to Day Tasks:
- MDC support
- Infrastructure support
- VM administrator
- Call floor support
- After hours maintenance support.
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to District policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Systems administration engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Installs new / rebuild existing servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with
- standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigates and troubleshoots issues.
- Diagnoses and recovers from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies.
- Applies operating system (OS) patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities.
- Configures / adds new services as necessary.
- Upgrades and configures system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configures central processing unit (CPU), memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintains data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.