Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
My client, an international financial organization located in Washington DC has a 4-month position for a Senior Financial Business Analyst for a 4 month contract.
The position requires a quality-focused and detail oriented Business Analyst with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions for high-priority business goals and strategic management decisions. The incumbent should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to translate business processes and problem statements into requirements. The incumbent must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines.
This role will work in the group that is a risk mitigator, providing investors and lenders in the international investment community with the level of comfort necessary to invest in developing countries through its political risk insurance (PRI) and credit enhancement products. The mission is to promote foreign direct investment (FDI) into developing countries to help support economic growth, reduce poverty, and improve people's lives.
The Strategy continues to evolve around:
- A re-affirmed focus on the poorest through support for projects in IDA countries
- A continuing emphasis on Fragile and Conflict-affected States, where MIGA has opportunity to have impact where private PRI insurers are unwilling to go, and
- An expanded commitment to climate change mitigation and adaptation, targeting 28% of new issuance related to climate change mitigation or adaptation in 2020.
- MIGA's guarantees create significant development impact from the new cross-border private investments that the group facilitates through its de-risking products.
- Finance and Risk Management, Reinsurance
- Operations and Growing the Guarantees Business and Development
- Legal Affairs and Claims
- Chief Underwriter & Operations
- Economics and Sustainability
- There are two areas of concern with regards to the groups operational environment.
- The cost of doing business is not quantifiably expressed in terms of business processes or function.
- The consumption of IT services from central ITS is not well understood and thus there is ongoing questions concerning the "fair” charge back to the group.
By conducting an analysis of major business processes and IT consumption, the group strives to receive recommendations regarding the following:
- What are the critical business processes required to achieve the mission?
- What is a fair chargeback (or show back) model for IT Services to central IT?
- What adjustments, if any, need to be done to IT spent by business line?
- Tasking consists of the following three steps to meet the group's requirements a 4 month time line.
- Task 1 requires a formal kickoff to engage the stakeholders in the effort and ensure proper planning and scheduling
- Task 2 is a review of the documentation, interviewing up to 12 key stakeholders, to provide the analysis of the information collected
- Task 3 includes the final report in power point format that may be used to communicate the results of the study to senior leadership and stakeholders.
The deliverables to be provided are listed in the table below.
- An analysis of costs allocated by business processes and function
- A report of costs per IT function/service
- Other work products as required
- Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
- Document business processes and workflows
- Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
- Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
- Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects
- Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements
- Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
- Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
- Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices.