Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgShort Description:
The Change Manager will play a key role in ensuring IT projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage.
The Change Manager will play a key role in ensuring IT projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the change manager may or may not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The change manager will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The change manager may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The change manager will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Develop change management strategies as required, incorporating change management approach, stakeholder management, communication, training and readiness assessments
- Manage daily change activities and provide guidance on the change management process.
- Facilitate Change Advisory Board Meetings. Responsibilities include:
- Planning, scheduling, managing and chairing CAB meetings. Includes creation of agenda’s and meeting minutes.
- Deciding appropriate stakeholders for the CAB meetings
- Selecting CRQ’s for review at CAB meetings, based on the change policy
- Circulating CRQ’s in advance of CAB meetings to allow prior consideration
- Selecting successful and failed changes for review at CAB meetings
- Reviews and audits changes for compliance with the ISTO’s Change Management Processes.
- Coordinating interfaces between change management and other processes – especially service asset and configuration management and release and deployment management.
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities.
- Develop and improve Key Performance Indicators and improve the metrics program by interpreting the data and recommending process improvements driving the appropriate organizational behaviors.
- Collate Change records from multiple vendors and review for conflicts and collisions
- Create and implement training strategies.
- Create and implement communication plan(s)
- Prepare communication materials, including presentations and written communications identified within the communication plan(s)
- Prepare ad hoc communication materials as required
- Play a vital role in helping the organization to identify gaps and develop remediation plans and documented procedures to elevate PennDOT’s Change management maturity.
- Must have a solid grasp of the technology as a whole to be able to identify changes and detect collisions and scheduling issues.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Forward looking with a holistic approach.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- ITIL Foundation Certification required.
- ITIL Expert Certification desired.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Remedy (version 7.6.04 or greater), including the Change Management Module, or equivalent ITSM tool.
- Excellent communication skills listening, verbal and written, including meeting management and facilitation.
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITIL certifications, a plus).
- Working knowledge of Change and Release Management methods, tools, terminology and industry practices.
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities successfully, delivering with high quality .
- Excellent customer service skills servicing and interfacing with individuals across IT (customers) in different roles.
- Strong understanding of IT Change Management, configuration management and service level management principles and practices.
Required / Desired
ITIL Foundation Certification
ITIL Expert Certification
Experience with Remedy (version 7.6.04 or greater), including the Change Management Module, or equivalent ITSM tool.
Excellent communication skills listening, verbal and written, including meeting management and facilitation.
Understanding of IT Service Management (ITIL certifications, a plus).
Working knowledge of Change and Release Management methods, tools, terminology and industry practices.
Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities successfully, delivering with high quality.
Excellent customer service skills servicing and interfacing with individuals across IT (customers) in different roles.
Strong understanding of IT Change Management, configuration management and service level management principles and practices.