Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comTitle for this position: Project Manager - Application Support and Testing (Local Only)
This position is located in Boston, MA
Application Lead/Manager (Local Only)
6+ month contract
The Application Lead will assure that other communications applications are maintained, modified and supported in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
The Application Lead oversees and directs IT application support. The Application Lead directly monitors the operational and project activities and is responsible for ensuring high availability of all business applications and the adherence to ITD PMO, Security, Quality Assurance, Change Management and Release Management practices and effectively allocating resources, prioritizing, monitoring systems and providing expertise and leadership in all business application and IT related matters.
- Support interoperable and redundant emergency communications, spending significant time on communications systems maintenance, including the Health and Homeland Alert Network (HHAN)
- Supports maintenance of the HHAN, state listserv and Mailchimp system emergency response lists
- Work with MassMap and MassAging for weekly maintenance of long-term care and assisted living facility contact lists and HHAN group
- Work with OPEM regional coordinators for quarterly maintenance of health care facility and board of health contact lists
- Support exercises and drills and perform required maintenance afterwards
- Support system testing and troubleshooting
- Support 24/7 communications
- Serve as IT and Bureau management to continually improve operational, project and business processes
- Serve as OPEM Duty Officer for Communications Branch
- Assist in development and implementation of IT governance, Communication and Continuous Service Improvement, which requires participating in ongoing Information Technology Roadmap workshops.
- Manage application upgrades and migration activity, business applications support level agreement objectives
- Responsible for project management as needed, oversight of additional PM's as required
- Assist with Master Agreements, Request for Response and procurements to support MA OPEM
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies for functional systems, integration, performance and user acceptance
- Strong Project Management skills & understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies
- Possess excellent problem solving, time management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated expertise in developing technical specifications, detailed work plans, and schedules
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and writing for technical and non-technical users
- Ability to drive complex system integration projects and transition businesses to new application platforms
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years in performing application support
- 2+ years of application testing.