Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comDescription:
My client, a financial institution in Washington DC, has a 6+ month contract opportunity for a Geospatial Business Analyst to complete analysis and documentation tasks for the planning and implementation of the Geospatial and Data project’s. The selected candidate will work with a team lead and technical team to produce documentation with priority components such as functional requirements, business process diagrams, workflow diagrams, etc.
To accomplish these tasks necessitates in-depth knowledge and expertise areas including, but not limited to, completing technical review and analysis of geospatial and data systems, working knowledge of business process mapping, requirements elicitation, information architecture principles, data modeling, open source application design, documentation, and implementation.
- Collect end-user requirements (for improving business processes and tools) via interviews, focus groups, and other stakeholder discussions.
- Categorize / segment similar requirements, and create additional requirements that address client pain points.
- Maintain up-to-date requirements lists (in Excel, JIRA), and run reports on the same to inform management discussions.
- Facilitate planning and requirements prioritization meetings with high-level officials.
- Understand and create solutions to improve user experience.
- Collaborate with product development team to translate requirements into technical specifications for the proposed solution.
- Develop user stories to guide the technical team regarding the proposed solution.
- Conduct UAT sessions / focus groups with users to capture feedback on functionality being developed within each agile sprint.
- Translate user feedback into refined requirements for development team.
- Serve as liaison between client business users and development team, communicating and interpreting requirements and technical solutions.
- Program management documentation support, including developing high-quality presentations for client meetings.
- Participation in team and client meetings, documenting notes and action items
- Master’s degree, majoring in Computer Science/Geographic Information Systems/Information Technology or related field
- 5+ Years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Extensive experience in documenting business requirements, creating business process maps and workflow diagrams, developing functional specifications, and defining test cases.
- Experience working in agile development environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated exposure in the design, development and implementation of data tools.
- Prior hands-on background in GIS software such as ESRI as well as open source software systems, preferably in a data intensive environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, JIRA.
- Excellent oral and written communications and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently on complex problems.