Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:
Client is looking for a Guidewire Lead Developer with 5+ years of experience in Guidewire development as a lead software engineer and/or as a technical lead AND 5+ years of experience in JAVA development.
The WINNING candidate will have:
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a multi-priority environment with demanding timelines
- Execution of well-defined project tasks
- Strong and effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to minute detail and quality
- Initiative, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Partnering with architecture and senior technical leadership contributing to and possibly owning technical design and specifications, writing code, and assisting in development of new applications and products and enhancements to existing applications and products.
- Performs thorough unit testing to verify the accuracy and quality of all software developed. This may include preparation of sample test data, execution of programs and job streams, and system integration testing. Supports Quality Assurance and Business testing.
- Designs or modifies applications to accomplish functions in compliance with the Software Development Life Cycle framework.
- Performs all software development functions to accomplish specific application solution requirements.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Identifies risks and options and makes recommendations.
- Leads and supports setup of multiple test environments.
- Leads best practices in source code management software use.
- Supports, troubleshoots and debugs coding defects identified during quality assurance and business partner validation.
- Adheres to all quality standards and procedures.
- Collaborates with project team members, including external and offshore partners, during development process.
- Provides or supports training and documentation.
- Supports preparation and implementation of software releases into the production environment.
- Contributes to project planning, design, and estimating activities.
- Stays current and builds knowledge of multiple programming languages and related development tools. Applies this knowledge to effective business solutioning.
- Provides timely and accurate project status reporting. Proactively identifies risks and challenges.
- Builds knowledge of concepts and application systems.