Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comRequired Skills - Training Specialist Master, design, revise training courses, catalogs, coaching, TANF.
16+ years of experience. Assesses, designs, and conceptualizes training scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools, aids, curriculum, and other state of the art technologies related to training and behavioral studies.
Training Specialist with 16+ years of experience delivering policy and IT system training to service providers. The contractor will structure, schedule, and create materials for workforce development policy and performance monitoring training in conjunction with TANF policy changes and system redesign efforts.
This position is housed under the Department of Human Services (DHS) supporting the implementation of the TANF 2. 0 CATCH Redesign, TCA and other related projects. The department is looking for a Training and Specialist with background in policy training, IT system training, and project management with an emphasis on training delivery for internal staff as well as local, non-profit service providers.
This role requires the contractor to learn new District of Columbia policies, IT system functions as they pertain to job training and work readiness programs for TANF recipients. The candidate will structure and phase trainings for both DHS internal staff and program vendors, develop training materials, manage the training schedule, and track delivery. This candidate will work closely with DHS team members to deliver training and ensure Internal/External consistency.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
- Capable of structuring, design, develop and managing policy and IT system trainings for service providers and DHS staff.
- Provides guidance and train-the-trainer presentations for DHS internal staff.
- Provides advice regarding training phases, training content, and system roll-out timelines.
- Provides project management and business reporting for all training activities.
- Interfaces with business owners and IT project managers to coordinate and track training delivery.
- Interacts daily with business owners, policy experts, IT project managers, and end-user groups to generate training plans and materials.
- Creates a user guide for ongoing policy, performance monitoring, and IT system onboardings.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly updates on the training results and progress with the team, the project leadership and other stakeholders.
- Guides and contributes to project documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate will become an integral part of the ESA central office team, making every problem associated to the redesign a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS ESA and its partners to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS ESA.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Administration, Business Process Design, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong written/verbal skills across all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn new information quickly.
- Highly organized and timeline driven.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Assesses, designs, and conceptualizes training scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools, aids, curriculum, and other state of the art technologies related to training and behavioral studies.
- Identifies the best approach training requirements to include, but not limited to, hardware, software, simulations, course assessment and refreshment, assessment centers, oral examinations, interviews, computer assisted and adaptive testing, behavior-based assessment and performance, and team and unit assessment and measurement.
- Develops and revises training courses. Prepares training catalogs and course materials.
- Trains personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars.