Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comPosition Title: Business Analyst – Credit Cards
Duration: 6+ months
Work Location: contractor is ideally located between Mt. Laurel, NJ and Wilmington, DE in order to travel to either location; role will be 90% Wilmington, 10% Mt. Laurel (likely 1 day every other week at most will be in Mt. Laurel.
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main function of a business analyst is to analyze science, engineering, business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A typical business analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
- Gather requirements from business units and translate those to programmers and developers.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of design techniques and principals involved in production of drawings and models.
Knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- 5-7 years' experience required.
- Reason for request/why opened: project based work - project is in middle of writing Agile user stories to move a CAD Credit Card System to the US (think compliance, regulatory, legal, adding new futures to be successful in new market, etc.)
- Personality Style/Team Culture: is consistent, most contractor's maxing out tenure or converting to FTE. All are confident, present, well spoken, active listeners and reads audience.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Extremely strong BA skills, elicitation, facilitation, requirements gathering and documentation * 5 years
- Agile experience (helping define roadmap, story mapping, user story definition, etc.)
- Credit Card experience
- Some familiarity with the regulatory, legal, and compliance areas of credit card handling
- 90%/10% between Wilmington and Mount Laurel expected.
- Diverse Portfolio.