Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:
The Project Manager is a part of the Treasury & HOMIS group within JRIA. This role plans and implements treasury applications in coordination with other technical teams in JRIA, business departments for client and Tokyo application support teams. The role includes on-going application maintenance activities and production support.
The Project Manager supports the FOX, OBS and CREDIS applications that interface with various internal/external applications in NA/EMEA and the Tokyo Head Office. FOX is FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap) trading/booking system for internal bank staff. The client staff operates OBS to book Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral.
While the servers are located in NJ/NY, each application is developed and maintained by the Tokyo application support teams. Daily deliverables include end-to-end project management, troubleshooting of user and production issues and on-going application maintenance activities. Acts as a technical expert who works cross-functionally on multi-disciplinary projects within area of expertise. Reports to the Head of JRIA Treasury & HOMIS.
- Understand overall system architectures of the applications, and work with network, middleware, production support teams in JRI-A to complete projects as well as troubleshoot production issues.
- Support Unix (Solaris, HP-UX) system administrators to troubleshoot production issues related to hardware, network, operating systems etc.
- Manages small-to-mid-sized projects to follow-up on plans, mitigate issues and risks, and coordinates relevant parties including Tokyo Head Office teams.
- Meets with business users to gather requirements including facilitating discussions and necessary follow-ups to close all outstanding questions and concerns.
- Facilitates resolution and communication of cross-organization decisions, standards, risks and issues and works with respective teams to analyze issues and drive them to resolution.
- Gathers and documents functional requirements and produces detailed functional specifications.
- Develops use cases with the business and ensures the proper testing has been completed.
- Oversees development of data definitions, helping to analyze data sets for data anomalies and/or to verify data quality and content and producing data quality metrics.
- Produces plans with purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Advanced knowledge of Unix based servers, network and interface communication technologies including but not limited to MQ, SFTP, HTTP and ODBC.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology/SDLC/PLC processes in IT financial services environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong hands-on technical skills, an analytical, problem-solving mindset, and delivery focused with a client-centered orientation.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced development environment.
- 5 to 7 years of specialized experience managing IT projects in international banking environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field preferred.
- Business fluency in English. Japanese is optional.
- Experience of Unix, Linux and Windows servers. Network and interface communication technologies including but not limited to MQ, SFTP, HTTP and ODBC.
- Back office business analysis and design experience including payment, settlement, cash flow, accounting and reconciliation.
- Basic knowledge of financial products including but not limited to Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap), Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral.