Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
My client, a P&C Insurance company located in Bala Cynwyd, PA has a long term contract position available for a Business Analyst.
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, and documenting high-level and detailed business requirements.
- Responsible for BA artifacts which may include process flows, data mapping, release notes, training documents and/or use cases.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential solution options.
- Responsible for contributing to the feasibility and cost benefit of potential solution options.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business for assigned work.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes as needed.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results as needed.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Provides defect triage support to QA.
- Provides User Acceptance support for release preparation.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business) or equivalent work experience.
- Insurance knowledge preferred.
- CBAP or other BA certification is desired.
- 3 to 5 years' business analysis is required.
- Waterfall and Agile experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong ability to build effective relationships with cross functional team members and stakeholders
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC
- Experience with UML
- Ability to lead JAD Sessions
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes
- Ability to lead and manage small/medium projects
- Familiarity with BABOK and its techniques
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting requires business functionality as well as nonfunctional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications.
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages for writing and modifying programs that comprise an application system.
- Knowledge of tools and facilities for developing and populating application databases.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paperbased and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.