Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgRequired Skills - SIS Training Specialist Journeyman, school based users, Help Desk Ticket tracking.
6-10 years of experience. Assesses, designs, and conceptualizes training scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools, aids, curriculum, and other state of the art technologies related to training and behavioral studies.
The Software Trainer and Quality Assurance Analyst is a hybrid training/QA role that is uniquely designed to provide schools with expert knowledge and training on the Districts Aspen SIS functions and support the Tech Support team in testing and validation new SIS features. The analyst is responsible for providing in person training and support to schools and central office users. They will provide in person support and training, in addition to telephone and email support to the end-user community. This role provides resolutions for users, walks the user through a series of steps to determine the cause of a problem, updates systems to reflect users’ requests, and creates training resources to support the ongoing use of the system. The role ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction.
- Provide in person training to central office and school based staff (both at central office and at schools).
- Serves as the Tier II point of contact for support to resolve Aspen SIS user issues.
- Delivers the highest level of customer service to users.
- Logs user inquiries in a ticket tracking system. Daily reviews any open issues or requests from end-users and follow-up accordingly.
- Determines nature of obstacles and best DCPS staff to resolve, tracks and follows up until issue is resolved.
- Completes testing and user validation of Student Information System.
- Creates and maintains training resources (manuals, reference guides, webinars) to support ongoing training.
- Provide office hours support at various sites.
- Supports and carries out the Chancellor’s mission to transform DC Public Schools and close the achievement gap.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Required: Must have 2 years of experience training School based users and central office users in SIS.
- Required: 2 years familiarity with help desk ticket tracking systems (Remedy, HEAT, etc.).
- Highly Desired: 2 years of thorough knowledge of Student Information System (Aspen) capabilities.
- Required: 10 years providing excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) with emphasis on providing high quality customer service within a team environment.
- Required: 6 years producing training materials using video, Word, PowerPoint, and Camtasia, or Captiva.
- Ability to maintain professional communication skills when under pressure and exhibit a high level of patience.
- Required: Must have a wide range of skills and knowledge in computer software and an understanding for network applications.
- Required: Must have exposure to or experience in the education sector preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Assesses, designs, and conceptualizes training scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools, aids, curriculum, and other state of the art technologies related to training and behavioral studies.
- Identifies the best approach training requirements to include, but not limited to, hardware, software, simulations, course assessment and refreshment, assessment centers, oral examinations, interviews, computer assisted and adaptive testing, behavior-based assessment and performance, and team and unit assessment and measurement.
- Develops and revises training courses. Prepares training catalogs and course materials.
- Trains personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.