Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comRequired Skills : Research Analyst –Sr. Data Curation, metadata librarian, data analysis, data catalogue.
Metadata librarian and data curation analyst support to the OCTO data curation program for various data enhancement, update, and creation activities.
Metadata and Catalog:
Under the general direction of the Data Curation Program Manager, the data curation analyst will work closely with other staff across the OCTO data program to improve metadata through analysis, creation, consultation, enhancement, and maintenance activities. The analyst will review existing metadata requirements and resources and make recommendations on updates and enhancements to the metadata framework. They will coordinate metadata projects, develop workflows, and assist in developing training to promote metadata efforts across the District.
The data analyst will work with the Program Manager to develop and implement an integrated metadata solution (including data cataloging) for the Data Program. This includes researching existing metadata and cataloging tools, systems, and solutions. The analyst will compare these solutions with program metadata and cataloging requirements and make recommendations and comments. Under the direction of the Program Manager, the analyst will manage the technical aspects of the metadata and cataloging solution implementation.
The analyst will perform general data curation duties on new or enhanced datasets. This includes data processing, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC), documentation, and cataloging activities on DC data. Along with curation, the analyst will complete special requests for various agencies by utilizing data, analyzing results, and producing reports, maps, and supporting documentation. This includes working on OCTO data initiatives such as GIS and big data. The analyst will coordinate with other technicians and analysts in various data enhancement and creation tasks and provide technical expertise and support to District Government data initiatives.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Geography, or IT related field or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in data analysis, editing, curation, documentation, and visualization.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods related to data curation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability working with current and emerging metadata and data cataloging standards and tools, such as knack, ESRI, Dublin Core, or others.
- Skill in programming and scripting languages such as Python.
- Expertise using ESRI GIS software products, especially ArcGIS 9.X desktop.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
- Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
- Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
- 11-15 yrs. planning, organizing, and conducting research in various areas, such as new/existing products, law, or business in support of IT initiatives.
- 11-15 yrs. searching sources such as reference works, literature, docs, newspapers, statistical records, etc.
- 11-15 yrs. researching via Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, etc.
- 11-15 yrs. analyzing info and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for professional use.