Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgFull Stack Java Developer - AML/KYC
New York, NY
12+ month contract.
- Very strong communication skills, environment is very collaborative
- Need someone who isn't afraid to ask questions, can dive right into the work, and make immediate contributions
- Not looking for an "order taker”, but rather someone who wants to learn, asks questions, assesses the work in front of them, thinking of ways to build out framework and add to it
- This person should be someone strong with problem solving and critical thinking
- Does not need a candidate that thinks in terms of starting over, but rather "rebuilding/remodeling”
- Working with Java 7 and JEE 6
A Senior Application Engineer Consultant with strong expertise in the development and maintenance of enterprise level, Java JEE based systems. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining the KYCView application used by our Compliance business. Duties will include designing and developing new application features / code within the existing application framework, and researching, identifying, and devising solutions for software defects within the application. KYCView is written in Java 7.0, and involves the integration of JEE 6, web services, Oracle, IBM BPM and ODM, and MQ. Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and understanding existing application architectures, and developing solutions within a pre-existing framework, is a must.
- Design and development of enhancements within KYCView application framework
- Research and resolve defects during all phases of the software development cycle
- Support and execute functional and performance testing
- Assists in troubleshooting production environment and tuning the environments
- Provides guidance on infrastructure and environment setup
- Ensures technical best practices are followed during all phases of the project
- Provides guidance on intended solution and best practices during development, configuration and testing phases
- Performs code reviews and ensures standards are applied to each solution component
- Strong, disciplined analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to learn independently and to contribute to resolving group technical problems.
- Must have at least 10 + years of experience in design, implementation, and audit / review of systems applications, and code
- Extensive Java, JEE n-tier application experience (Application
- Experience in design, implementation, and audit / review of enterprise wide, large scale implementations
- Experience with SOAP/REST web service development
- Experience in Spring
- Experience with WebSphere Application server is required.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related work experience required
- Familiarity with IBM BPM workflow, and ODM Rules Engines
- Familiarity with IBM MQ message queues
- Familiarity with tools such as GIT, SVN, JIRA and Maven
- Familiarity with Tomcat
- Skill in writing specifications that other programmers can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
- Knowledge of AML or KYC is big plus
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.