Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosition Overview:
The position requires a quality-focused and detail oriented Business Analyst with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions in the area of Fixed Income and Derivative trade capture and Valuation of those trades in the Capital Markets domain. The incumbent must have experience in trading solutions Murex and Numerix One View as a Subject Matter Expert and Business Analyst. The person should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to translate business processes and problem statements into requirements. The candidate must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with the Capital Markets traders and Valuation experts to understand business needs and requirements
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
- Document business processes and workflows
- Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
- Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
- Design and execute test cases for trade capture using templates in Murex and valuation in Numerix One View
- Collaborate with IT professionals in determining solutions to meet business requirements
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of Murex and Numerix One View that support the business unit. Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
- Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
- Help vendors analyze gaps between current and desired states
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
Masters degree in Finance
Role Specific Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant technical and business work experience
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution
- Extensive experience with implementing Murex and Numerix One View
- Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support
- Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies
- Experience with BPM tools like iGrafix ,PEGA and Cordys is a plus
- Experience in requirements management tools like HP-ALM, MS TFS, Case Complete is essential
CFA charter holder will be a big plus
- Knowledge of products like Bonds (PV and Structured), Futures, Options, Swaptions etc including understanding of trade life cycle events from an capital market perspective.
- Good understanding of enterprise risks and its various components including market and credit risks, PFE, CVA, XVA
- In depth Knowledge of valuation models like DCF, BGM, Hull White, bi-numeral and tri-numeral models, monte-carlo, etc
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them
- Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
- Critically analyze requirements and ensure completeness from a quality requirement view point.
- Ability to identify data needs, quality rules and lineage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups
- Knowledge and experience in COTS implementation as BA on COTS projects like Summit, Murex, Calypso etc
- CFA Charter Holder will be a big plus.
- Desirable knowledge of VBA, PL/SQL and C++ numerical programming, MS Access, Oracle, and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools like Business Objects, Tableaux etc
- Experience of having worked in an Enterprise Data Management project
- Understanding of Data Governance process and ability to identify data quality issues.
- Knowledge of project management.