Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
This project will require work to be done in the Commonwealth's Secure Data Center. The Commonwealth of Virginia requires those working in this environment to be US citizens. Please insure Candidate's meet this requirement.
Candidate will be responsible for providing technical support for the installation, configuration and support of IBM SOA products. Products to install include:
• WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
• WebSphere Transformation Extender
• WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
• WebSphere Decision Center
• WebSphere Decision Server
• IBM Process Center
• IBM Process Server
• MQ Series
Once installed, products will need to be configured for enterprise usage, and set up so all products interoperate with each other in the most efficient manner. Assist in development of documentation and procedures detailing support policies, administration and runtime environments. Ability to assist in support and maintenance of products once installed.
What knowledge, skills, abilities, experience are needed for this position?
• Must possess extensive knowledge of IBM SOA Tools listed above, including installation, configuration and maintenance procedures. Knowledge of IBM tools in a load balanced/High Availability environment required.
• Knowledge of IBM Power series hardware, including LPAR and WPAR configurations desired.
• Must have demonstrated ability: to analyze technology related issues and develop solutions and recommendations for appropriate action; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and, to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Must have demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
• Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration. Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for Mainframe and Distributed platforms, networking, databases, High Availability/Disaster Recovery, and IT security.
• Must have the ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components. Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned project responsibilities under limited supervision.
• Must have experience and skills in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as ITIL. Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of application servers, web servers, messaging servers, database servers, and related technologies.
• Must be able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs.
• Must have experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, load balancing, clustering, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, performance tuning, etc. Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and trouble-shooting.
• Must be proficient in requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
IBM SOA TOOLS including: WebSphere, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus., WebSphere Transformation Extender, WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
Required 5 Years
kNOWLEDGE OF IBM TOOLS IN A LOAD BALANCE/HIGH AVAILABILITY ENVIROMENT REQUIRED
Nice to have 5 Years
KNOWLEDGE OF IBM POWER SERIES HARDWARE, INCLUDING LPAR AND WPAR CONFIGURATIONS
Project Experience solving complex technical problems
Required 5 Years
Experience as an architect of complex technical solutions
Required 5 Years
Please list previous projects where candidate has been the lead architect for a SOA solution.
If appropriate, please list previous projects where the candidate has been the architect or other lead for an IBM software solution using: • WebSphere • WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus • WebSphere Transformation Extender • WebSphere Service Registry and Repository • WebSphere Decision Center • WebSphere Decision Server • IBM Process Center • IBM Process Server • MQ Series
Which of the tools above has the candidate not had experience?