Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comMetadata Analyst
- The Senior Metadata Analyst reports to the Metadata Director (EDM) and is a key role in implementing & operationalizing the metadata strategy for Enterprise Data Management.
- The role will support the Metadata Director in defining metadata & data lineage strategy consistent with the overall data management strategy and support implementation of the strategy at the Enterprise level.
- Support the Metadata Director Implement data lineage strategy consistently across all covered Information Domains.
- Work closely with Data Stewards in the identification and documentation of business & technical metadata for all critical data elements for covered Information Domains.
- Maintain & update metadata requirements. Work closely with IT counterparts to update data models.
- Assist in documenting source to target data mapping, transformations & controls.
- Maintain & support business glossaries & technical metadata on metadata repository.
- Assist in creating procedures & workflows to support metadata management & usage on metadata repository.
- Support implementation & rollout of metadata platform (IGC , Collibra and others)
- Collaborate with business & technical stakeholders on maintaining metadata repository.
- Maintain high level of knowledge and expertise related to metadata. Ensure quality & integrity of metadata.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of metadata strategy and standards. Facilitate consistent adoption of metadata standards across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
- Support the Data Stewards & business/technical SMEs for each covered Information Domain document business processes, data flows for critical data elements.
- Analyze business needs by facilitating business & IT discussions and reviewing business requirements. Collaborate with business & technical stakeholders to design & implement metadata usage & reporting solutions.
- Support metadata distribution & usage across the enterprise.
- Assist on research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, as well as hands-on experience with enterprise data management platforms.
- Collibra experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in with data modeling, relational databases & writing SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of business intelligence tools
- 3+ years working with data mapping & transformations
- Experience with Financial services industry and regulatory requirements
- Ability to facilitate metadata sessions with business & technical stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to gain cooperation from various stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Demonstrable ability to work on large cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize & dive to details.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 7 years in the Financial Industry with at least 5 years of experience in data management.