Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comDescription:
My client, a financial institution in Washington DC, has a 6+ month contract opportunity for a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer is accountable for the delivery of projects, which support the LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) of a large organization with over 15,000 users in over 160 Country Offices world-wide, and a 24x7 operational mission. The Engineer supports the availability and performance of the production network, which is considered mission-critical, which entails effectively applying technical skills and knowledge to specific projects and escalated problems from the NOC.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor performance and diagnose problems in all aspects of the network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, WAN accelerators, Wireless, DHCP, DNS), so that acceptable levels of performance are maintained at all times
- Engineer and implement network solutions in a timely manner
- Connect equipment, conducting tests, configure equipment, and develop/update procedures
- Update documentation (drawings, spreadsheets, documents) of the network and produce reports in a fashion that is useful for peer and management review
- Operate diagnostic tools to isolate network issues
- Assist with the deployment of new solutions to HQ and Country Offices (remote sites) using a variety of WAN solutions (MPLS, point-to-point, VSAT, VPN)
- Handle escalation calls from the NOC, perform triage, resolve problems, or escalate to team members
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunication, Information Technology, or related.
- Role Specific Experience: 2+years of hands-on network engineering experience
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, and hands-on LAN/WAN networking
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting network issues
- CCNA Certification
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, Ethernet, OSI model, layer 2 and layer 3 concepts, routing protocols, spanningtree protocol, VPN, and WAN connectivity
- Working experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Theoretical understanding of QoS
- Hands-on experience with Linux and modern scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.