Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comShort Description:
System Administrator (SA) - 4 to 5 years relevant experience
Location: North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, PA
Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area
This requisition requires in-person first round interviews only.
This position will be primarily focused on Windows Server administration, along with supporting various other technologies. Will also be responsible for evaluating, preparing and recommending technical solutions, as well as troubleshooting complex problems with a wide variety of applications.
System management of PennDOT enterprise servers
- Deploy servers and applications to meet needs of project teams
- Determines server sizing and configuration
- Assists in the development of configuration standards.
- Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
- Work with PennDOT partners and employees in deployment activities.
- Works closely with Application Teams to deploy code/applications through multiple environments.
- Attend meetings with PennDOT developers, users, and partners.
Perform proactive monitoring of enterprise systems
- Monitors system performance and provides statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
- Respond to alerts and resolve issues identified through monitoring tools
Provides direct support for system issues.
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
- Responds to system related trouble calls including hardware and software.
- Use software such as Remedy to report, track and resolve issues.
- Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
- Assists service providers in resolving service calls.
Perform related duties as required.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3 years of experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field and 4 years of experience.
- Specific knowledge required in the following areas: Windows Server 2008 & 2012 R2, Microsoft IIS 7.5 and 8.0, IBM Lotus Domino Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server/Apache, TLSv1.2, Schannel security
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies – including TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing
- Working knowledge of security concepts and technologies – including PKI, certificate management, TLS/SSL and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and a willingness to work off hours as needed to accommodate maintenance windows
- Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, and various PennDOT personnel. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required. Working Conditions Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required. Work may require lifting equipment/supplies Work may require travel to and from the various PennDOT locations.
Required / Desired
MS Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 Experience (environment of 30+ Servers)
IBM HTTP Server/Apache
IBM Websphere Support experience
Nice to have
IBM Lotus Domino Server 8.5 or newer
Nice to have
Knowledge of Active Directory
Nice to have
MAC OS Server Experience
Nice to have