Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:
Project Manager - Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
Location - Midtown NYC
Location - Midtown NYC
You will be primarily supporting a Fusion implementation (a 3rd party Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery tool), that is being rolled out across all corporate divisions, replacing a Sungard tool currently in place; will also help supplement work on some HR Systems work as well
The IT Project Manager manages a portfolio of projects through all phases of the project life-cycle. The Project Manager interfaces with business leaders, and others within an assigned Business functional area to actively lead all aspects of the project, including project team definition, project planning, documentation, execution, tracking, reporting, rollout, interfaces with training and support groups, and formalized project closure. The Project Manager also provides direction, coaching, and mentoring by sharing their knowledge and expertise in project management with others.
- Create requirements, specifications, and project plan. Define project team; establish resource allocation with managers of each IT discipline; facilitate product purchasing and establish success criteria.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal/external customers to analyze informational needs and functional requirements and deliver those requirements and use Case documentation
- Define project high level scope, establish stakeholders, considering financial, resource, and technological constraints; develops cost estimates with consideration to business impacts and risks.
- Collect technical documentation, deployment plan, production support plan. Interface between IT and business units and/or Business Partners.
- Manage changes, risks, scope, cost, quality, communications, time, and procurement.
- Ensure that Company's IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies, audits, security, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage deliverables that are within scope as well as changes for those items that are added or deleted
- Schedule and coordinate the tasks of the highly interdependent deliverables, resources, projects, and initiatives.
- Identify the projects and/or programs critical path and plan and measure the project goals and objectives.
- Develop mitigation responses and strategies to address project risks.
- Report status and address project questions with the team and leadership.
- Create and maintain a repository for department-level projects and knowledge management, allowing our business stakeholders to regularly communicate relevant information to senior leadership.
- Provide up-to-date information on the project dashboard and SharePoint sites to ensure all status reports are current and correct for all stakeholders to review.
- 8+ years active project management experience
- Expert in industry standards in project management and development methodologies (PMBOK, MSF, SEI, Agile Methods, RUP, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of the Project and Program Management Lifecycle
- Knowledge of and ability to apply project management techniques, tools and documents.
- Sound decision making ability, analytical reasoning and organizational skills with the ability to successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Financial acumen, net present value analysis, moderate return on investment analysis, and ability to structure a business case (or ability to quickly learn said skills.)
- Knowledge & experience of project cost tracking
- Technology and systems knowledge (cursory knowledge of how Information Technology systems work from a business standpoint.)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Project, Visio and Office Suite (Excel, Word PowerPoint, Outlook.)
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Ability to tailor communication style to different audiences, and to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.)
- Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary
- Excellent problem solving and structured thinking skills.