Database Administrator - Technician
This Job was posted over 30 Days Ago on 04-03-2018
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
- Working as part of project team, conduct DBA administration with project team, end users and customers
- Define deliverables and execute to a high degree of excellence
- Work with end users to define expected outcomes
- Additional duties as defined by the Program Manager
- Assist a small team and identify methods of improving throughput Additionally:
- Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the Oracle enterprise databases including support for ASM, RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
- Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the MySQL database on Linux environment.
- Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Apply the database portion of application installation and patches as needed.
- Perform daily administrative tasks for all databases supported by Information Technology.
- Support OLTP and data warehouse systems for all University Business systems.
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues as they occur.
- Participate as an active team member to design, maintain, and optimize database driven applications.
- Assist with developing and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
- Must be able to work independently to resolve system issues.
- Create and update database maintenance and change management procedures.
- Provide on-call support outside of regular business operating hours including evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned or directed.