Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comRequired Skills - System Administrator Entry, install & configure system hardware/software, operating system (OS) patches & upgrades, desktop operating systems.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Log and route service requests and incidents in an incident management system.
- Create and maintain knowledge articles in the agency's knowledge management system on a daily basis.
- Provide a high level of customer service to end users on a daily basis.
- Provide technical expertise related to Microsoft Products, such as Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, as well as other related Microsoft applications.
- Consult with IT leads and agency IT staff on best solutions for complex technical issues related to endpoint management, server management, software deployment, OS provisioning, patch management and security.
- Troubleshoot issues related to agency specific applications and web applications.
- Manage testing, implementation, and integration of systems managed by OCTO programs, as well as District agencies
- Conduct diagnostics and evaluations of new and existing systems to ensure they are fully operational and running efficiently.
- Create and manage escalation procedures for all tiers of technical support, as well as end users and IT colleagues.
- Provide server administration for program owned servers and databases; including monitoring, patching and troubleshooting all issues related to the system.
- Provide detailed reports on managed systems for IT leads, CIO's and end users.
- Collaborate with the IT leadership team to select and implement cost-effective technology for District.
- Work with IT infrastructure team to develop and implement IT strategic and operational plans.
- Plan and coordinate large-scale application and hardware deployments.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to District policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Installs new / rebuild existing endpoints and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides Tier II2/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigates and troubleshoots issues.
- Diagnoses and recovers from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies.
- Applies operating system (OS) patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Configures / adds new services as necessary.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configures central processing unit (CPU), memory, and disk partitions as required.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.