Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comDescription:
My customer located in Malvern, PA has a 6 month contract position for a Sr. QA Analyst.
- Test on a a VAX VMS platform where they are looking to move legacy / Cobol code to Oracle PL/SQL
- Participate in Planning Meetings and represent QA team.
- Prepare Test Strategy & QA Schedule.
- Identify testing Risks upfront and track them to closure.
- Participate in SDLC Phase reviews.
- Conduct Test Scenario's review with Business and IT.
- Participate in Detailed Test Cases Design, Execution and Report Test results.
- Initiate, monitor, and follow-up for resolution of outstanding Bug/Issues.
- Should be hands on and provide technical expertise on testing needs.
- Ensure Regression testing is planned and executed appropriately.
- Publish Test Summary Report at the end of Testing.
- Maintain good rapport with Client Team, Onsite and Offshore Teams and address all the QA needs on time.
- Design and perform Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) methodologies and documentation.
- Develop test plans and test scripts, executing test cases for large and complex business processes.
- Create and execute formal test plans as well as communicate in writing or in meetings with the development team.
- Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, creating reusable test data, test case automation, and test execution.
- Review and verify functional and system requirements and ensure project deliverables adhere to QA criteria and comply with the requirements prior to deployment.
- Write SQL queries.
- Participate in quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures, and methodologies are being followed.
- Experience with cross-browser platforms preferred.
- Experience testing in Mainframe/VAX environment.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment.
- Strong interpersonal, mathematical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Timely follow up, investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of production support incidents.