Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosition title:
Short Term Contractor Position: Full Stack Developer, API Specialist
This role is for an experienced full stack developer who will be responsible to build and evolve our innovative product once launched. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, analysts, and product owners to design to develop personalized meal planning solution. This role is analytical and creative and will be responsible for taking the experience from concept to launch.
- Work location(s) – Primarily based out of downtown Chicago (AON)
- Onsite (KraftHeinz location)
- Duration of assignment – 5/21/2018 to 8/24/2018
- Typical anticipated hours per week/schedule - 40
List the activities the role requires on a regular basis. Identify the major end result the position is expected to achieve for each of these activities.
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to understand technical needs, analyzing solution options and making a recommendation based upon your knowledge and experience
- Developing enterprise and consumer grade solutions
- Gaining technical knowledge of software and open source technology stacks
- Partnering with designers and user experience specialists to create consumer-first user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Work with highly talented data architects, platform architect to design, build, and implement the full API stack - using REST architecture within a microservices framework
- Driving the evolution of the API and overall SOA platform within larger architecture, product design and planning processes
- Knowledgeable about OAuth security protocols, performance tuning, paging, and throttling of APIs
- Partner with engineers and product managers to clarify and focus platform integration requirements and act as key knowledge owner on how to integrate products into the new platform
- Assisting in building an automated testing frameworks for API layer, Data Validation and backend
What skills and knowledge are required for this job? What type of and how much prior experience is required to do this job?
Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 4 years of experience in API and SOA testing frameworks / tools – like REST Client or Postman
- Experience with building and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Experience building user authorization APIs, performance tuning, paging, and throttling of APIs
- Previous professional experience working with Python, RabbitMQ, Django/ Flask, Rest Framework, Oauth, NLTK/SciKit and other Python packages
- You have created and deployed microservices
- Ability to use containers like dockers or kubernettes
- Experience working with agile methodology & dev ops geared towards cloud
- Strong knowledge of full stack development and Object Oriented development
- Published apps, websites or other examples of solutions built
- You have worked with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud (Preferred)
- Experience with Angular, node.js and templating engines like Handlebars, Ninja, or equivalent
- You have worked with, and are proficient with Python ORMs; MVC pattern and frameworks; Rest API architecture, Postgres SQL and/or NoSQL databases like Cassandra (Preferred) or Mongo
- iOS development experience helpful but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Strong data engineering background with prior experience in large-scale distributed data processing platforms such as Kafka, Spark, Kinesis
- A desire to learn and share your knowledge
- Minimum of Bachelor degree preferably in MIS or equivalent IT field experience required.
- Familiarity with IOT integrations (ex: Alexa skill development process) (nice to have.