Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgRole: DevOps Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL (Only Locals required)
Key to this role: Need 10+ Years of profile with Devops, Python, Java, NoSQL or MongoDB or Cassandra, or PostgresSQL, AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
My customer, a consumer products brand located in Chicago, IL has a 3 month contract position available for a DevOps Engineer.
We are currently seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer who will be responsible to build and evolve our innovative product once launched. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, analysts, and product owners to design to develop personalized meal planning solution. This role is analytical and creative and will be responsible for taking the experience from concept to launch.
The corporate umbrella is our new department is focused on Online and Digital Growth. We are a big company but our group will operate as a startup. The team is focused on creating software application that personalizes meal planning experience for consumers. The role will work with a team of technology developers, culinary experts, and nutritionist to creating a revolutionary new user platform.
- Work location(s) – Based out of downtown Chicago
- Duration of assignment – 4/2 to 7/13/18
- Typical anticipated hours per week/schedule - 40
List the activities the role requires on a regular basis. Identify the major end result the position is expected to achieve for each of these activities.
- Create technology solutions based on internal stakeholders technical needs, analyzing solution options and making a recommendation based upon your knowledge and experience
- Leverage machine learning techniques to build systems a personalization logic which processes and derives insights from different data sources every day (Nice to have)
- Developing enterprise and consumer grade solutions
- Gaining technical knowledge of software and open source technology stacks
- Partnering with designers and user experience specialists to create consumer-first user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
What skills and knowledge are required for this job? What type of and how much prior experience is required to do this job?
Experience and Knowledge:
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ Years professional experience working with Python, RabbitMQ, Django/ Flask, Rest Framework, Oauth, NLTK/SciKit and other Python packages
- You have created and deployed microservices
- Ability to use containers like dockers or kubernettes
- Experience working with agile methodology & dev ops geared towards cloud
- Strong knowledge of full stack development and Object Oriented development
- Familiarity with IOT integrations (ex: Alexa skill development process)
- Published apps, websites or other examples of solutions built
- Experience with Angular, node.js and templating engines like Handlebars, Ninja, or equivalent
- Mobile app development experience helpful but not required
- Minimum of Bachelor degree preferably in MIS or equivalent IT field experience required
- Prior experience in recipe and meal planning solutions nice to have
- Strong communication skills
- Strong data engineering background with prior experience in large-scale distributed data processing platforms such as Kafka, Spark, Kinesis
- A desire to learn and share your knowledge
- You have worked with, and are proficient with Python ORMs; MVC pattern and frameworks; Rest API architecture, Postgres SQL and/or NoSQL databases like Cassandra (preferred) or Mongo
- You have worked with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud (preferred)