Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgRole: Treasury and Capital Market Business Analyst
Location: Washington, DC (Only locals required)
Duration: 6-12 Months (Long term contract)
Key to This role: Looking for Business Analyst with Financial and Banking background only and must have credit card, capital market and treasury experience. Has to have 8+ Years of experience and should be local to Washington, DC so that they can appear for face to face interview.
- Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
- Document business processes and workflows
- Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
- Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
- Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects
- Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements
- Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
- Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
- Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
- 5+ years of relevant technical and business work experience
- Experience in defining and implementing technology solutions for a major financial institution
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution
- Extensive experience with implementing a similar system in Capital Markets
- Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support
- Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies
- Experience with Accounting, Financial back-office applications
- Experience in requirements management tools like HP-ALM, MS TFS, Case Complete is essential
- Knowledge of products like Bonds (PV and Structured), MBS, ABS, Repos/Reverse Repos, Futures, Options, Swaptions etc including understanding of trade life cycle events from an investment and capital market perspective.
- Familiarity with the settlement and accounting process associated with the above products
- Good understanding of enterprise risks and its various components including market and credit risks, PFE, CVA.
- Understanding of pre and post trade compliance, ratings functionality including information available from the 3 rating agencies, counterpart limit settings
General BA skills/abilities
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them
- Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
- Critically analyze requirements and ensure completeness from a quality requirement view point.
- Ability to identify data needs, quality rules and lineage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight.