Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The purpose of this post is to provide technical support for the provision of PeopleSoft-based ERP services to the United Nations family of organizations.
Summary of Assigned Duties
The consultant will:
• Provide technical support for Managed PeopleSoft Hosting services provided by ICC, including system administration of PeopleSoft technology components such as WebLogic, PeopleSoft PIA, Tuxedo, Process Scheduler, DataStage, PeopleSoft Performance Monitor, and Oracle databases
• Perform routine production support activities and provide incident and problem management support
• Troubleshoot PeopleSoft-related issues
• Co-ordinate with the application and database vendors for resolution of problems (functional bugs, performance issues, etc)
• Conduct database and environment refreshes
• Perform support activities during maintenance windows
• In case of emergencies, perform support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours
• Provide standby and on-call support as and when required
• Monitor capacity
• Implement new PeopleSoft environments as required
• Perform tools, application and database upgrades
• Provide technical support for the ERP development team of the Partner Organization(s)
• Plan and conduct DR tests
• Provide assistance in landscape design
• Undertake performance tuning
• Produce documentation as required
• Implement project-type activities and other requests for services
• Liaise with Partner Organizations on a service management basis
• Perform other duties as required
• Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
• Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
• Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of PeopleSoft in production environments.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Practical experience with interactive systems, advanced understanding of relational databases.
• Knowledge of Service Level Management Principles.
• University degree in computer or information science, mathematics or related field.
• ITIL Foundation Certificate and PRINCE2 certification
• Five years or more of experience in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
• Extensive experience in PeopleSoft technical architecture design, installation, configuration and administrator support.
• Knowledge of PeopleTools
• Extensive Experience in Oracle administration and tools (RMAN, Data Guard, Enterprise Manager, etc.).
• Experience in creation of new instances, migration of code, patching and environment refreshes.
• Experience in design, implementation and support of backup, monitoring, disaster recovery solutions.
• International work experience
• Knowledge of related technologies such as OBIEE
• Solaris 10
• Oracle 126.96.36.199
• Windows 2003/8
• PeopleTools 8.50