Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgTitle: Network Engineer
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Duration: 2 year + contract
7 hour billable day.
ITS serves all DSS program areas to fulfill their IT needs. Currently, ITS is expanding its role to encompass increased need for the design, customization, testing, implementation, and production deployment of various projects and releases as well as management between ITS Offices and other DSS program areas. Having a project portfolio to properly reflect users' business needs and ITS' workload is a crucial part of ITS' operation. Therefore, there is a need for IT consulting resources for the expanding responsibilities in this division.
Tasks & Duties:
- Develop System Documentation
- Develop operational and installation procedures for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software
- Develop guidelines and upgrade techniques of new operational procedures for the support of databases, hardware systems, operating systems software, network systems software, and security systems
- Develop detailed systems operations designs
- Develop Systems Design Specifications
- Develop and prepares documents for the general design of solutions that meet system and security requirements, including the selection of alternative approaches
- Develop specifications for databases, communication systems, hardware, network, security storage and software configurations
- Develop, compiles, maintains and documents configurations of the following: databases, servers, computers, security and network monitoring systems, packaged programs, macros and utilities
- Support design and planning implementation
- Provide technical and analytical assistance to support DSS Network Infrastructure.
- Installation of Network equipment, deployment, monitoring as well as troubleshooting.
- Replicate and implement the Core Firewall and Datacenter to improve in production Network
- Minimum 5-7 Years Solid understanding of: networking/distributed environments, the principals of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network wide file systems
- Minimum 5-7 Years Ability to communicate effectively, on both a technical and non-technical level, with appropriate Agency staff at all levels, as well as with vendors.
- Minimum 5-7 Years Ability to identify tasks which should be automated and then write tools to automate them
- Minimum 5-7 Years Ability to program in at least one, preferably two administrative languages (shell, Pearl, Tk), port C programs from one platform to another, and write small C programs.
- 5 Years Configure NETGEAR firewall policy and wireless router.