Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
My customer, an international organization located in Washington, DC has a 6-month contract position available for a BI Data Architect.
Please note: BI Architects in consideration must have Azure experience. AWS will not suffice.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the data architecture and data management activities within the Business Intelligence (BI) Work Program. He/she should have a strong foundation and hands-on experience in BI data management design and development, debugging BI existing applications, and performance tuning.
The selected candidate will work closely with the BI team to provide technical leadership to facilitate development projects that involve the computing environment which may include the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products. He/she will design and validate data solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, and strategic. These efforts enhance data quality, enrich access, and provide business decision makers with information upon which they can make more accurate and effective decisions across multiple domains.
- Experience in creating Power BI reports based on business requirements with linked content, drilldowns, and nested parameters
- Extensive experience designing & developing reporting solutions with Microsoft Power BI
- Demonstrated experience in developing and/or assisting a team with complex Power BI visualizations.
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel, specifically for data analysis
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft tools including SSRS, SQL, DAX & Power BI
- Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Strong understanding of AZURE Analytics services, Azure Data Lake
- Hands on with development of reports, analytics and visualizations development, using DAX, SQL, tuning, data models, semantic models, or other.
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
- Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications
- Experience in performance tuning including but not limited to load balancing, caching, etc
- Working experience on Azure Cloud (PaaS/IaaS) Technology.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Global development experience
- Experience in data architecture in an Informatica Master Data Management environment.