Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgMy customer, an international organization located in Washington, DC, has a 6-month contract position available for a Programmer III.
The Open Data suite of products (Databank, Open data APIs, data management tools) are being enhanced to build a more usable, functional, and robust open data management, publishing and browsing system. These activities will leverage the existing work done on the open data platform. Improvements will be done to Data Management tools, Data Collection System (DCS), to address the challenges raised by the open data initiative by speeding the collection process and automating the data flow. Partially implemented in automating the publish process to dissemination systems, databank and Open Data APIs, for the existing datasets successfully. Current environment is in SQL 2012. Following are the tasks to be performed by the resource.
- Primarily works on SQL development project.
- Migrating SQL 2012 to SQL 2016 or latest environment, if needed.
- Ensuring all the features and performance in new environment
- Implementing planned new features in DCS and Open Data APIs
Strong skills required:
- Experience in latest Microsoft SQL server development skills.
- Strong knowledge and hands on expertise in SQL server stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, jobs and performance tuning.
- Expertise on SQL Server Analysis Services, cubes and MDX query operations.
- Hands on SQL Server Integration Services experience and CLR implementations
- Strong communication skills
Optional skills required:
- Microsoft .NET language knowledge
- Documentation knowledge.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science or Engineering
- Role Specific Experience: 7+ years of IT experience with thorough knowledge in analysis, design, coding and good knowledge of latest programming technologies
- Experience and good understanding of traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience with innovative use of analytical models
- Understanding of complex enterprise data models
- A range of skill set and good knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by the Application Team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.