Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comJob Title: Web Application Vulnerability Tester
Location: Augusta, Maine
Contract Duration: 6 months
PROJECT NAME: Web Application Security
This position's primary responsibility is to coordinate, work with application/development customers, and vendors to detect, analyze and assist in remediation activities with Client Web Applications.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Trains and supports staff to ensure familiarity with new products and procedures.
- Answers inbound support calls to assist customers with information technology related issues.
- Participates in the development of internal data management plans and coordinates plans and activities with personnel of other agencies to avoid duplication of efforts, share information, and maximize system efficiency.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, and management of special projects to develop project management skills and provide assistance in achieving agency information systems objectives.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, installs, and configures hardware, software, and networks for PC's/servers with multi-user operating and/or networking systems to establish and maintain agency information systems.
- 20%: Provide analysis of penetration of vulnerability testing
- 10%: Provide defense against hacking and attacks on SOM systems
- 50%: Perform static and automatic testing of Web Application
- 20%: Coordinate remediation efforts with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Web Vulnerability/Risk assessment processes
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Understanding of Web Application security principles around the availability, confidentiality and integrity of data
- Experience using automated Web application security test software
- Knowledge of complex multi-user network systems.
- Knowledge of complex software applications on PC's, servers, and networks.
- Knowledge of operating systems on PC's and servers.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking, IP addressing and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of proper computer system data security/backup procedures.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical computer problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write clearly, and present security concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to perform research and make recommendations to management on technical computer issues.
- Ability to detect and determine potentially serious security hazards on the network
- Ability to develop and manage user-oriented computing activities.
Ability to develop and coordinate training programs.
- Ability to train personnel in all phases of computer utilization and application.
- Ability to perform work requiring lifting and/or physical exertion may be required.
- Ability to document, author, and produce written test plans, test reports, operating instructions, standard operating procedures, and technical documentation.
- Windows; Intermediate
- UNIX/LINUX; Intermediate
- Java; Beginner
- PHP; Beginner
- HTML; Intermediate
- Manual Testing; Beginner
- ATE; Beginner
- JIRA; Beginner
- AppScan or similar automated Web Security Testing tool.