Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
DataWarehouse Business Analyst
Quincy, MA - Onsite (Local candidates only!)
12+ month (long-term contracts)
Interview: In-Person interviews Required!
Strong Data Warehouse background is required for this group. The manager is looking to start this position at the beginning of the fiscal year (July).
We are currently seeking exceptional individuals to join the EHS Data Warehouse (DW) team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled group and contribute to critical projects within Health Services.
We are seeking self-starters who are highly motivated, efficient, professional, communicative and able to contribute to the DW team on day one. The BA will be working with a team of resources including a project manager, various developers, other business analysts, technical architects, database administrators and QA analysts. The BA will need to be well versed in Agile methodology.
The BA will work with business users at all levels of management and technical staff to interpret and translate business rules and requirements in to appropriate solutions. The BA will be required to understand the underlying data structure of the data warehouse and be able to map that information to a selected solution.
The BA will be responsible for translating business specifications to the Data Warehouse developer to ensure the schema/data model, ETL specification, and reports are accurately produced. Some quality assurance testing may be required of the business analyst.
- Plans for, develops, and documents in detail the functional requirements of solutions for business problems of moderate complexity.
- Investigates, designs, and implements business solutions and major upgrades or enhancements to existing solutions.
- Assists in complex data analysis and translates business needs into Warehouse/ Business Intelligence solutions
- Seeks to understand user's business activities
- Participates in and occasionally leads the presentation of the results of analysis to development, users, and other analysts as necessary
- Writes both business and technical documentation that is appropriate to support the development and end user community
- Contributes to project plans, sprint planning as requested by project manager, scrum master or director
- Assists management in establishing project priorities and in allocating service delivery resources
- Trains peers in the use of new tools, languages, and procedures
- Assists with data training to insure users of the DW and Cognos fully understand all components.
- Cross trains peers within subject matter areas and technical expertise area
- Experience with Health Insurance and/or Medicaid data
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Advanced skills in developing complex SQL queries
- Ability to analyze and understand large datasets using standard SQL and/or other tools
- Strong analytical skills
- 2+ years of experience as a business analyst
- Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Ability to work well with business users to gather requirements
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate those needs affectively to the Data Warehouse development staff.
- Experience with SQL and relational database query – Oracle preferred
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Experience working in Business Analysis area for IT projects
- Ability to independently query transactional and Data Warehouse databases
- Excellent documentation and analytical skills
- Experience in training business users on Cognos or other BI tools based reporting
- Experience with data quality and remediation, data flows and mapping, or comparable experience (system or Data conversions, for example)
- Knowledge of Healthcare EDI formats such as 837 and NCPDP
- Understanding of companion and implementation guides of Health care EDI formats.