Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Looking for a candidate with 10+ years of professional experience who is very strong with Ansible and Shell Scripting.
Interview: 2 SKYPES
Must have: 8 years of US expereince, strong ANSIBLE, Linux, Scripting
The Cloud Operations Applications Engineer will be responsible for installing and upgrading our client's award winning applications in our private cloud, as well as customer-hosted instances. Their Cloud Operations Application Engineering Team is the team of technical experts at our client that runs and manages application operations for the Company's clients. Environments are technically sophisticated and the ideal candidate is looking to learn and work within the agile Deployment Methodology, custom and COTS tools we use to manage the environment, automation technologies, alerting, and others.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and developing expertise in technologies used to run the client's cloud
- Successfully executes all assignments timely and within acceptable quality levels
- Asks for help and works collaboratively with team members when issues present themselves; does not settle for not knowing the outcome or resolution steps for important issues
- Effective communicator / documenter – documents process and trains team members with ease
- Identifies knowledge gaps and closes them; demonstrates consistent intellectual curiously and drive to learn more and self-develop himself/herself
- Perform all job functions consistent with our client's policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
- 3+ Years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Experience training or acting in a deployment or solutions engineer, and/or system/platform engineer, technical application support, or experience in a system administration role
- Interest in deployment and automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- An Engineering mindset – focused on designing, implementing and improving processes and technology
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with major J2EE middleware tier software offerings such as: WebLogic, WebSphere, or JBoss
- Strong Linux skills
- To be successful, you must be comfortable on a Linux server and able to easily navigate around a server
- Familiarity with PL/SQL and T-SQL and related relational database technologies
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and apply new skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to play a vital role in high visibility assignments. The ability to communicate directly with senior management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and communicate to project teams.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, a must
- Shell scripting skills
- Occasional off-hours work (including weekends) required to perform upgrades in production environments.