Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comJob Description:
Role – Network Architect
Network Enterprise Architect is responsible for architecting Cisco systems and for providing the highest level of problem resolution. This position architects services that support the enterprise network such as monitoring tools, hardware, and software resources. Also, this position completes research and recommends solutions that will result in secure and consistently reliable network communications.
- Perform network architecture services that effectively address business needs, service-level, availability, and information security requirements. Analyze technical needs, requirements, and current state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration and operations.
- Review and understand complex, large-scale network design documentation, including MPLS, BGP, OSPF routing protocols.
- Gather business requirements from clients to be used in the planning, forecasting, designing and securing, of the enterprise network
- Produce electronic drawings for complex, large-scale, voice and data converged network designs
- Communicate, both verbally and in well written concise documents, the architecture for network designs and procurement of network equipment and supplies
- Assist with the establishment of governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Participate in the establishment of stability, growth, long-term road map for the enterprise network.
- 10+ years’ experience in supporting, designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions.
- Superior troubleshooting skills, ability to isolate problems, restore service and determine root cause.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN topology, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, wireless access points and VPN’s.
- Knowledge and ability in preparation of network design specifications.
- Expert level understanding of MPLS, BGP, OSPF and other routing protocols.
- Understanding of Datacenter network technologies such as, OTV, VPC, NSX, ACI.
- Knowledge at the expert level of secure network switching and routing at an enterprise level, wiring and cabling, and network management required.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Thorough working knowledge of VoIP, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and TCP/IP network environments.
- Extensive experience in WAN Technologies, Switching Technologies along with Failover Mechanisms and Inter VLAN Routing types.
- Expertise in 802.1q VLANs and working within the industry bets practices.
- Data Center Series technologies and products - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Cisco Nexus 9500/9300, 7700, 7000, 5500/2200,5000/2000 series Data Center switches
- Nexus – 5k, 7k, 9k.
- Multi-layer switches – 4500, 6500
- ISR, ASR Routers – Cisco 800, 1000, 2800, 2900, 3900, 7200
- Wireless Networks - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Wireless controllers and access points. Conducting site surveys and preparing heat maps
- WAN Accelerates - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Cisco WAN Optimizers (WAAS) 500/600/7000 series and Riverbed SteelHead 7055 series
- VPN Gateways and RSA server - Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Cisco VPN 3000, Lantronix Securelinx-SLC-8, Securelinx-SLC-16, Netmotion Mobility EX Server
- DNS / DHCP – Infoblox IB 1050, 550 and 250 servers
- Monitoring Tools - Integration of Network monitoring tools (e.g. Solarwinds) with ITSM dashboards (preferably ServiceNow)
- Identity and Access Management – Design and implementation of Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, BYoD, Network Admission control
- Firewalls and Load Balancers – Good understanding of perimeter security and content switching products and technologies
- Virtualization and Automation - Good understanding of Software Defined Network, Network Function Virtualization and intelligent WAN technologies
- IT Service Management – Good understanding of ITIL best practices, preparing and presenting the solution in change advisory board meetings.
- Maintaining Documentation – Creating and maintaining SOPs/CMDBs/KEDBs/Run Books
- Cisco Network Certification (CCNP) is mandatory.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) is desirable.