Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
My customer, an international organization located in Washington, DC has a 2 month contract position available for an Informatica Architect
The selected candidate will be responsible for the data architecture and data management activities within the Business Intelligence (BI) Work Program. He/she should have a strong foundation and hands-on experience in BI data management design and development, debugging BI existing applications, and performance tuning.
The selected candidate will work closely with the BI team to provide technical leadership to facilitate development projects that involve the computing environment which may include the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products. He/she will design and validate data solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, and strategic. These efforts enhance data quality, enrich access, and provide business decision makers with information upon which they can make more accurate and effective decisions across multiple domains.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business processes and data in the corporation and apply the knowledge towards the design and development of BI applications
- Enhance system logical data model to meet the system requirements
- Apply the same enhancements in the physical data model using the Data Modeling Standards and the physical Data Naming Conventions appropriate for the specific back-end database
- Attend requirements meetings with end users and document technical requirements
- Perform analysis of system data to identify patterns, exceptions, and erroneous data
- Create high-level business process models (data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams) to represent business processes for the area under analysis
- Develop data mappings for reports to correlate data elements on reports to tables/fields in the underlying physical data model
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Document definitions for all new data constructs and document the data enhancements in a standard document
- Contribute to the support and maintenance of existing BI Work Program db applications.
- Role Specific Experience: 6+ years of years of hands-on data modeling expertise for relational databases – both for logical and physical data models
- 6+ years of experience in Oracle 10.x/11.x./12c PL/SQL programming & ERWIN (7.x and above)
- Operating Systems: Unix, Linux
- Design Language: UML, Visio, Erwin 7.3x and above, Model-Mart (CA All Fusion)
- Tools: Informatica 9.0.x – Power Center, Composite Software 7x
- Advanced knowledge of dimensional modeling, modeling for reporting applications, normalization techniques, forward-engineering, and reverse-engineering techniques
- Advanced knowledge of designing multidimensional databases
- Advanced understanding of data integration, data virtualization, data federation, and database design techniques
- Knowledge of various process modeling techniques (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams).