Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
TAS is the technical expert centered on a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications. TAS is the technologist who coordinates with other parties in setting technical approach & direction and implementation for work.
Definition and work flow for data/telecommunication requirements for new and existing PENNDOT facilities and provide recommendations to DOT management.
• Organize documentation associated with data/telecommunications.
• Interpret and communicate technical requirements to the data/telecommunications service provider and DOT management.
• Access data/telecommunications inventory for current and future requirements.
• Review the Information Technology Strategic Plan for data/telecommunications and provide recommendations to DOT Management for alignment of existing practices to the Strategic Plan.
• Assist in relocation of existing PENNDOT locations and installation of new facilities.
• Assist in all aspects of voice and data communications related components of the relocation of Dictrict 5-0.
• Explore wireless communication options and assist with developing policies and procedures to deploy this technology.
• Assist with establishing communication services at the Welcome Centers. Two centers are active construction projects, of which one is a joint venture with DCNR.
• Document Voice and Data communication practices and policies.
• Assist with inventory management.
• Assist with investigating voice and data billing issues.
• Coordinate and lead meetings with the Bureau of Office Services.
• Track ongoing and upcoming voice and data communication projects on a statewide basis for the Department.
• Document minutes of Communications Services Section Meetings.
• Assist PENNDOT Telecom/Data Comm staff to develop and provide voice and data communication design and specification information for the Materials Testing Lab.
• Investigate wireless/satellite networking solution for the Pennmobile.
• Provide collaboration among multiple agencies to ensure communications infrastructure specifications are incorporated into the DCNR design specifications at S.B. Elloitt Welcome Center.
• Research VoIP technology, its convergence issues, feasibility as a stand-alone and in combination with wireless LAN technology to facilitate a wireless site, availability and implementation of a pilot site, all of which performed in cooperation with OA personnel and guidelines.
• Assist with NXX to 800 number routing verification, including cell phone exchanges, and manage change verification, with the vendor for the 800 Fix Road Hotline.
• Assist PENNDOT Telecom/Data Comm staff to comply with the OA mandated PBX replacement policy in developing a plan and managing the equipment changed seamlessly to Centrex service.
• Assist PENNDOT Telecom/Data Comm staff to develop and provide a disaster recovery plan for the Safety Admin Call Center 800 number routing.
• Assist in daily voice/data routine work.
Plan and schedule deployment of voice/data tasks
Required 4 Years
Define voice/data plans and criteria for technical implementation
Required 5 Years
Perform review of VOiP technology designs
Required 2 Years
Voice and Data Project Management experience
Required 2 Years