Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Integration / System Tester
Duration: 12 months +
The primary role of the Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Tester is to test the various work streams, applications or releases that comprise the City's Web-based financial management system (FMS) from a functional perspective. Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface, and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs. During development and implementation of a specific work stream/application/release, the Tester will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality: 1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality; 2) write manual and/or automated test cases per the functional requirements; 3) execute manual and/or automated test cases and retests as required; and 4) document and report test results including documenting and reporting defects.
The FMS/3 Integration/System Tester will be assigned to one of three or more test teams responsible for the functional testing of a specific work stream/application/release during development and implementation. Each tester will be assigned to develop test outlines and detailed cases and/or execute test cases or retests for a specific set of functionality for the assigned work stream/application/release. In this capacity, the FMS/3 Integration/System Tester will interact with different City and Vendor staff assigned to the FMS/3 Project including business analysts, application architects, developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of an FMS Functional Test Lead and per FMS/Project testing standards and guidelines, the FMS Integration/System Tester will perform the following tasks:
- Achieve test development milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionality;
- If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
- Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs;
- Develop functional test outlines and detailed test cases per the Test Lead's test plan;
- Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
- Design back-end queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
- Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
- Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
- Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead's test plan and retest as appropriate;
- Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
- Update test development and execution progress into HP ALM test management tool
- Document and report on test results;
- Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest;
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
- Hands-on experience performing system testing for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
- Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
- Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
- Problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on testing (integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software preferred)
- Minimum 4 years of experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL's, integration code, middleware, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (HP ALM, UFT and Clear Quest preferred).
- BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.